Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tasting - Duck Duck Goose Chardonnay

Duck Duck Goose Chardonnay

Variety: Chardonnay (100%)
Region: Barossa Valley - South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Pale golden straw, highlighted with vibrant lime hues. The bouquet is flowing with ripe peach and nectarine which leads to the mouth-watering palate. Fresh fruit driven with melon and citrus overtones. The fruit was gently pressed to allow full expression of flavors and then fermented dry under strict temperature control. Storage in temperature controlled stainless steel and bottled soon after fermentation to maintain freshness. Goes beautifully with light foods such as fish, shellfish and cheeses.
My review: I bought this bottle because it was a good deal at the store and I was drawn to the label and name. To my delight, I really enjoyed this wine! Such a lucky out-of-the-blue purchase! On the nose, it is very clean but at the same time there is a hint of sweetness, like a very light citrus or lime scent. It drinks very easily. Just the right amount of sharp cleanness elegantly blended with a light creaminess. There is no harsh burn or lingering bitterness on the finish. Thoroughly enjoyed this wine. Looking forward to purchasing my next bottle!
I did not have food with this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment