Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tasting - Vina Aljibes Cabernet Franc

Vina Aljibes Cabernet Franc

Variety: Cabernet Franc (100%)
Region: 
Country: Spain
Year: 2007
Price: $26.95
Shop review: The 2007 Aljibes Cabernet Franc is slightly better; more perfumed, rounder, a bit more complex, and with extra length. It is an awesome value in pure Cabernet Franc that will evolve for 2-3 years and offer prime drinking from 2012 to 2022 if not longer.
My review: Rich dark cherries with a peppery undertone on the nose. The mid-palate is very smooth with a soft kick/spicy undertone. The perfect balance of smooth and spice. Very enjoyable. It was probably my favorite wine I sampled during this tasting (my first red wine I have come to truly enjoy!). I would have bought a bottle if it were not for its price tag :(
I did not have food with this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment