Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tasting - Stanburn Winery Traminette

Stanburn Winery Traminette

Variety: Traminette (100%)
Region: Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $14.99
Shop review: Fermented in stainless steel, then finished in neutral oak barrels. It has a floral aroma with a light but distinctive flavor. The wine is finished semi-dry, with about 2% residual sugar which balances the acid. It pairs well with fruits, pastas with white sauces, and zesty recipes. Perfect on a hot summer afternoon.
My review: I had never tried a Traminette varietal wine until this one and I really enjoyed how it was made. It was the perfect amount of sweet to make it a fun wine to drink. There is a honey-suckle scent on the nose. I would have liked to have purchased a bottle.
I did not have food with this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment